Monday, January 5, 2009

Menu Monday!

I am in manic Monday menu planning mode! Now that I am back on WW, I have to figure out points for all my meals. That makes planning a bit more involved, but I am happy that many of my favorite meals can be tweaked to be much more point friendly. For example, this week we are having (drum roll please)...

Crock Pot Beef Stew (6pts) I changed the recipe from 2lbs of beef to 1lb, and I added 2 more potatoes. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Beef-Stew-I/Detail.aspx?prop31=2

Honey Baked Chicken with Brown Rice (9pts) I cut this recipe in half. This is my all-time favorite chicken recipe--simply delicious! http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Honey-Baked-Chicken-II/Detail.aspx

Potato Gnocchi in Tomato Cream Sauce (5pts) This is a blend of recipes. The cream sauce is a WW recipe and the gnocchi I found in the pasta section of Target of all places. I plan to add a salad as well.

Chicken Gorditas with Salsa Rice (12pts) Okay, this is the one that is going to kill me. I could probably skim on toppings to get the points down, but I refuse! LOL! This is the last time I will buy the Old El Paso Gordita kit because each shell is 7 pts!!! They are insanely good, so I will savor my last gordita and switch to corn taco shells in the future. This equals 1 gordita and a 1/2 cup+a smidge more of salsa rice.

I wanted 5 dinners planned, but I am stumped and out of groceries for anything else.

No comments: