Friday, January 2, 2009

Freedom Friday

free·dom:

- The condition of being free of restraints.
- Exemption from an unpleasant or onerous condition.
(Thanks to Yahoo! Education for this definition.)



While some may think of dieting as a restrictive activity, I want to see it as an act of freedom. Freedom to be healthy! I don't want to be a slave to food. I don't want a poor self-image. I don't want to get sick or tired or die young. I do want to be a positive role model for my kids. I do want to run in a marathon. I do want to learn to love exercise!

Weight Watchers has rolled out a new plan, of sorts, called Momentum. It combines the best of the Flex and Core plans. I was interested in starting Core anyway, so this is a nice compromise. I weighed in today at the heaviest I have been in 9 years. I'm ready to do this.

No comments: