Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Lessons from Wayne's World

I've been feeling drained over the last few weeks. Random episodes of fatigue just roll over me. I wasn't sure if I was sick, depressed or what. Yesterday, I had had enough. I got up and started doing again. It was...difficult. Today, it is a bit easier. I am hoping tomorrow will show that I am on the mend again. Perhaps Wayne Campbell holds the answer to this mysterious illness: "I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored." Actually, my problem is an impending move. Sorting and packing up 5 years worth of stuff and memories is much more difficult than I ever imagined. For the first time in our almost 17 years of married life, I feel like J and I have made a real home. Our babies have grown up in this house. They've learned to roller skate and ride bikes, made forts and friends, and asked the Lord to be their Savior here. There are the pencil marks on the wall showing how much the kids have grown. Each dent in the floor and smear on the door tells a story. I know every inch of this house--mostly thanks to the numerous paint changes each room has endured. We've laughed, cried, and rearranged (furniture and lives) here. Now I am entering the unknown. Big changes are in store, and I am rebelling by dragging my feet and sitting in my comfy chair. But I do feel like I am on the cusp of something amazing. A year of grace and promise. But where? In a strange city with my beloved or home without him? Only God knows. For now that has to be enough. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

Reagan said...

What's so wonderful about moving is that you'll get to discover that everything you really love is portable! One husband + 3 great kids + the dog = Just Frantastic! I love you!!!!!!