Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Tale of Ten Towels

I found this both ironic and amusing, so I decided to share it.
Backstory: In my search for simplicity, I took on my towel situation. Most of my towels looked like victims of a Jaws attack:All of the towels were of an era, much worse for the wear. So, I got to thinking that if each of us had 2 towels each, I could keep up with them a lot better. I put up a hook in the bathroom for each one of us, and made the family promise that they wouldn't leave these towels on the floor or feed them to Sonny. (So far, so good! I think the fam likes having clean towels. Who knew?) The idea was that each set of 5 towels would get rotated and washed at the same time, and that there would always be a clean set ready to go. Here they are, warm and fluffy from the dryer, folded on my freshly made bed:
And, then, there's a reality check. Called my linen closet...or "Proof that simplicity isn't easy in the early days." No room for my fresh towels. Enjoy:

No comments: