Monday, December 1, 2008

So, I'm going to cook

(waits for the laughter to die down)

No, really--I am! Every January 1st, I hop on the scale and vow to lose weight. By January 5th, I have given up on dieting and things go back to normal--fast food, junk, candy...crap. (Not literally, silly!) Having been around my 11 year old niece who already has body issues, I decided that I need to change things. If I can't do it for myself, then I can and will do it for my kids. The focus will be less on processed foods and more on simple, yummy whole foods recipes. As the Queen of Heat & Eat, this idea scares and inspires me. I might not lose weight, but my kids will see me preparing and eating more wholesome food.

On a different note, I feel like I have come to the heart and soul of what it is to be a stay-at-home Mom. I feel blessed to be able to do this, especially when the economy is so unsettled. My kids are happier, I am happier. I used to long for something, and I think now what I was longing for was contentment with where I was and what I had. I don't want to waste another precious day of my kids' childhood or the time I have at home with them. For one thing, we are never promised that things won't change. I have this time, and I want to pack it full of good things!

No comments: